To ensure you won’t fall victim to loan fraud, be sure to follow all of these steps as you apply for a loan:
- Be sure to read and understand everything before you sign.
- Refuse to sign any blank documents.
- Do not buy property for someone else.
- Do not overstate your income.
- Do not overstate how long you have been employed.
- Do not overstate your assets.
- Accurately report your debts.
- Do not change your income tax returns for any reason. Tell the whole truth about gifts. Do not list fake co‐borrowers on your loan application.
- Be truthful about your credit problems, past and present. Be honest about your intention to occupy the house
- Do not provide false supporting documents.
- You must login to post comments
Please login first to submit.